Services we offer at CAM:
- Food (groceries for number of members in family) once every two months
- Clothing once every two months to also include other things like: diapers, hygiene items and household linens when available.
- Transportation in the form of Bus Tickets to medical appointments, to a verifiable job interview or a bus pass to start a new full time permanent job (must be verified)
- Financial Assistance for Identification on MONDAYS only
- CAM requires the client must have some type of photo ID (expired, Haven for Hope ID, Offender’s ID, School ID, Medical Facility ID, or a color copy with visible information)
- Original Social Security card is also required
- Financial Assistance for Utilities
- A disconnection notice must be issued and the client must be able to pay half of the bill
- Financial Assistance for Prescription Medications up to $40 annually (this may be given out multiple times a year if each time doesn’t total $40)
- Once a year seasonal help to include: School Supplies/Back Packs (sign up is in mid to late June and early July), coats from November to February, Emergency Christmas Help
- Downtown location has a free mail box service for clients to receive mail
- Sign up for the CEAP Bexar County Utility Assistance Program for mothers, Senior Citizens and people with disabilities
- Referrals to other agencies and help navigating the social service system may be found at Resource_List_2016
- Click here for a printable version of this information
- All individuals are welcome at CAM.No appointments necessary, and we have no zip code or demographic restrictions. For financial help, arriving early is better.
- Photo ID(of any kind, including a driver’s license, school ID, expired ID, etc.)
- Social Security Card(for all members in the household. If there is an issue, we can offer a grace period on the first visit.)
- Other documents required (utility bill or lease agreement, SSI Award Letter, Food Stamp Notification Letter)
- Financial Assistance requires the paper work for that need (i.e. disconnect notice or prescription)
Please call to see if we have financial assistance available
- Locations: Hours are different at each location
- Downtown Location: 110 McCullough 78215 (corner of McCullough / HWY 281) (210) 223-4099 Hours: Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Friday 9-11:45 (arrive early if you need $ help)
- Northside Location: 5084 DeZavala (corner of DeZavala & Vance Jackson) in parking lot of University United Methodist Church. (210) 697-5771 Hours: Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.