Services we offer at CAM:
- Food (groceries for number of members in family) once every two months
- Clothing once every two months to also include other things like: diapers, hygiene items and household linens when available.
- Transportation in the form of bus tickets to pre-scheduled medical appointments or job interviews must be verifiable. A monthly bus pass may be issued for new full time (32+ hours) permanent job. Employment must be verified by a physical copy of employment verification letter.
- Financial Assistance for Identification (MONDAYS only)
- CAM requires the client must have some type of photo ID (expired, Offender’s ID, School ID, Medical Facility ID, or a color copy with visible information)
- Original Social Security card is also required
- Financial Assistance for Utilities
- A disconnection notice must be issued and the client must be able to pay half of the bill
- Financial Assistance for Prescription Medications up to $40 annually (this may be given out multiple times a year if each time doesn’t total $40)
- Once a year seasonal help to include: School Supplies/Back Packs (sign up is in mid to late June and early July), coats from November to February, Emergency Christmas Help
- Downtown location has a free mail box service for clients to receive mail
- Referrals to other agencies and help navigating the social service system may be found by clicking this link
Client services can only be provided at either the Downtown OR Northwest location
- All individuals are welcome at CAM. No appointments necessary, and we have no zip code or demographic restrictions. For financial help, arriving early is better.
- Photo ID (of any kind, including a driver’s license, school ID, expired ID, etc.)
- Social Security Card (for all members in the household. If there is an issue, we can offer a grace period on the first visit.)
- Other documents required (utility bill or lease agreement, SSI Award Letter, Food Stamp Notification Letter)
- Financial Assistance requires the most recent paper work for that need (i.e. disconnect/final notice or prescription)
Please call to see if we have financial assistance available
Locations: Hours are different at each location
- Downtown Location: 110 McCullough 78215 (corner of McCullough/HWY 281) (210) 223-4099
Hours: Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Friday 9-11:45 (arrive early if you need $ help)
- Northside Location: 5084 DeZavala 78249 (corner of DeZavala & Vance Jackson) in parking lot of University United Methodist Church. (210) 697-5771
Hours: Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.